September 11, 2011

12 Month Milestones


Height: 29-3/4" (72nd percentile)
Weight: 20 pounds, 7 ounces(48th percentile)

Sleeping Patterns: We're still on the same pattern. At the sitters, she tends to only take 1 nap per day. On the weekends, I still manage to sneak in 2 naps. Usually the mid-morning nap is a short cat nap and the afternoon nap tends to stretch a couple of hours.

Places Traveled: We managed to sneak away to Lake Wales once during this month. Daddy had lots of yard work to do while we were there, so we set up the pool and had a water play day.

We did spend 3 days in Key West for Uncle PJ's birthday, which was a BLAST! We brought along our "traveling Nanny" so that Mommy & Daddy could go out at night and trust that the kids were home safe with Alexis. We stayed in a 2BR suite, which was part of an old historical house, right on Duval Street. During the day, we walked along Duval and mingled through the shops and restaurants and usually ended up in the pool. By night, Daddy and I, along with the rest of the gang, did the Duval Crawl and overly enjoyed ourselves.



Accomplishments:
Riley is the proud owner of two more pearly whites, for a grand total of 6 by 12 months. Both top lateral incisors came in within a week of each other.

Riley experienced her first Gourmet Food Truck Rally during this month. We joined a few friends on Riverwalk for some music, fun and most importantly, good food. I chose the Latin Burger truck. Riley shared Tyler's chicken tomatillo quesadilla and I didn't hear any complaints.

Riley, or should I say "Gabby", now says "Da-Dee" "Hi" "Yay" "Go-Go" "Baby" "No" and "Ty-Ty". I think I may have heard her say "Ma-mee" once or twice, but not often enough to really think she knows what she is saying.

Riley began standing with no assistance during this month. Previously, she would pull up and stand with no help, but now she is just standing up in the middle of the floor, with nothing guiding her. Occasionally, she will get excited and try to move, but still no steps at this point. The standing is becoming more and more controlled, so I don't think it will be long before we have ourselves a little walker.

We learned of Ms. Riley's shoe fetish over the last month. No matter what shape, size or color the shoe, she is trying to put it on. Her favorite place to terrorize lately is the bottom of my closet!


The day I have been waiting and waiting AND WAITING for.......our little sugar bee finally has enough hair for 2 piggies!!!! So now, the biggest dilemma I am faced with each day is piggies or headband! Ha! I love it!



Foods: Her diet consists of anything and everything when it comes to food. I haven't tried her with any of the high risk allergy food yet (i.e. eggs, fish or nuts) but I will soon. She is also completely off of formula and just on whole milk now. The next milestone I am going to try to conquer is the bottle. I think she may be a little tough with this one only because she really enjoys her night time bottle. It is so soothing and relaxing to her.

Apparel: 12 Month clothing and Size 2 shoes.

And, with that, we now have ourselves a thriving 1-year-old, with quite the personality and an attitude twice her size. I've said it once and I'm sure I'll say it a trillion times over.....she is going to be a hand full. She is in to everything, she already thinks she's the boss and even her 3-year-old brother catches grief from her. But, there's not one thing I would change, not for a second. OK, maybe some days I'd like to drop them off at Grammy's or Mimi's and head for a massage, but then I take a deep breathe and look at each one of them, and think about how blessed I am to have 2 beautiful, healthy miracles to share life with. That's right about the time that I call for David and go for a run. Haha! Being parents to 2 young ones is A LOT of work, but the rewards are endless and they make life so much more worth living.

Stay tuned for the next post about her FANTASTIC First Birthday Celebration, but until then, CLICK HERE TO VIEW PHOTOS FROM 11-12 MONTHS...Happy, Healthy and Growing WAY TOO FAST! And so it goes...

1 comment:

  1. Don't rush that last bottle. We waited and now I wish we had waited even longer because she no longer like's to be rocked since getting rid of the night bottle. :-(

    ReplyDelete