February 16, 2011

Beach Bum!

There are some of you reading this post, thinking "Beach, really? We're shoveling snow in below freezing temperatures!" Yes, fortunately for us that choose to live in the "Cone of Death" during Hurricane Season, we do get to enjoy our "winter" months at the beach.

Brave me, took Riley and Tyler to the beach on my own, 2 weeks ago. The weather was too perfect to pass up the opportunity. I knew I would be OK, because I had my trusty mobile baby sunshade along for the trip.

Riley seemed to REALLY, REALLY enjoy herself. She loves to be outdoors, so I thought she would. At first, I kept her in the sunshade because she's too young to wear sunblock, but after a while, she got bored with it and she was ready to see everything around us. (Which wasn't much since it was a weekday). I let her sit on the blanket with me and Tyler to scope things out and then I thought I'd test her reaction to the sand. Much to my surprise, and completely opposite from Tyler's reaction, she LOVED the sand. She buried her hands in it and just as soon as I picked her up to start wiping her down, her fist went in her mouth and the rest is history.

Riley had her second visit to the beach the following Sunday, where we joined my sister Stephanie and her two munchkins. It was quite a sight to see, with the 2 baby girls in their sunshades, enjoying the beach. There wasn't one person that walked by that wasn't fixated on our girls.

Living in "The Sunshine State" and having a momma like me who LOVES the beach, I'm sure to have a little Beach Bum on my hands. And so it goes...


FIRST TRIP






SECOND TRIP





No comments:

Post a Comment