February 4, 2011

Mangia Mangia!



I believe in holding off on solids, until there is a noticable change in eating habits. Over the last few weeks, I've noticed Riley's appetite increasing, seeming as though the breastmilk just wasn't satisfying her. The "writing on the wall" was the fact that she began waking up in the middle of the night, ready to nurse. I knew then, it was time for some real food!

I made the decision to start out with oatmeal, since it is the food that she is least likely to have a reaction to. After watching the video, I'll let you decide for yourself, but I think it's safe to say that Ms. Riley LOVED her first feeding. She practically grabbed her spoon out of my hand. I made it really runny, so that the consistancy was only a little thicker than breastmilk. For the most part, she did well, but we did have oatmeal EVERYWHERE!!!

We are now on a nightly "dinner" routine and I usually just put her in her bumbo seat and feed her while we are eating. It's actually really nice to have the whole family eating together. I'm going to start on veggies next week. Stay tuned. Any so it goes...

First Bite!

I couldn't feed her fast enough!

I think she likes it!

I LOVE FOOD!

Oatmeal Everywhere!

1 comment:

  1. OMG that video is HILARIOUS!!! She really seems like she doesn't want to waste one drop! lol

    ReplyDelete